in corporate transformation processes – M&A, carve-out, restructuring.
ALCIS acts as hands-on adviser or even interim manager for medium-sized companies in EU, the UK and the US, helping management teams in managing and successfully completing their M&A transactions and corporate restructuring projects.
ALCIS supports medium-sized companies in executing their strategic acquisition and/or disposal projects.
When supporting a management team in an M&A transaction, ALCIS – as advisers or interim managers – will typically assist the management team of a company being sold by its shareholders in
- preparing and validating the required set of financial data (including a reliable business plan)
- conducting management presentations and communicating effectively with potential buyers
- potentially, evaluating options for an MBO and contract negotiations with financial backers and sellers.
We will make sure that the specific interests of the management team are best taken into account in process design and contract negotiation until signing and closing.
Beyond process management – ALCIS builds bridges
We like to help make things happen
ALCIS supports management teams in designing and implementing restructuring processes of critical business activities.
ALCIS’ support to management includes, inter alia
- financial analysis of underperforming activities based on market and performance review
- deriving a detailed financial and operational restructuring plan including a set of short- and mid-term measures
- assistance in negotiations with financial institutions and shareholders and in developing alternative financing routes
- monitoring the implementation of such restructuring plan until full completion and/or preparing and managing the carve-out and planned sale of the underperforming activity.
If needed, we are ready to step in as interim managers in order to contribute our extensive management experience in an operating role – typically as a CRO, CFO or COO – until successful completion of the restructuring process.
Selected M&A /MBO transaction credentialsamedes (D) – MBO advice
avantum consult (D) – Trade sale to All for One (D)
Herder (D) – Buy-out of Thalia (D/A/CH)
Lerbs (D) – Trade sale to RUBIX (UK)
TOBIS (D) – MBI of private investors
TWI (CH/US) – Trade sale to ADS, Inc. (US)
Selected restructuring credentialsLocal Motors Inc. (US) – as a CFO
Vanguard AG (D) – as a CFO
Box Clever (UK) – as a banker
Publity AG (D) – as a CFO