in public tenders and regulatory transformation processes – in highly regulated industries.
ALCIS supports governments or bidders in managing their public tender processes – typically to grant a long-term concession or to sell a state-owned entity holding such concession.
We thereby ensure that our clients fully comply with EU tender rules, meet all requirements and receive or place comprehensive, competitive bids. We ensure transparency, swift communication, reliable documentation and adequate selection.
Advising at the intersection of public needs, business opportunities and compliance requirements
When supporting a bidder in a public tender, we typically provide project management throughout the entire tender process:
- swift communication with the tendering authority and its advisers, including collection of data and management of the Q&A process
- assessment of competing bidders and their potential bid approach
- identification of and communication with potential consortium partners, negotiating consortium terms and managing the joint approach
- preparation of business plans, financial models and other documents required in the successive phases of the process
- support in developing the pricing strategy and in negotiating the concession contracts
If required, we will also support in implementing the business case, making sure that the winning bid will be performed in strict adherence to the rules of the concession contract.
Selected public tender credentialsBerlin Airports (D) and Deutsche Lufthansa (D) – Sale of GlobeGround Berlin (D)
Fraport (D) – Sale of Fraport Ground Services Austria (A)
Municipality of Kassel (D) – Tender of a management contract to operate two casinos
Regional government of Lower Saxony (D) – Trade-sale privatisation of ten casinos
Regional government of Rhineland-Palatinate (D) – Tender of a concession to operate three casinos